Canada Day Quotes in English 2019: Here we will provide you with Quotes, SMS, Wishes, Greetings with some best and great collection of Canada Day Quotes Wishes which you can easily share with your friends and family.
Canada Day Quotes in English 2019
1. Give your head a shake. This is the greatest country in the world.
2. A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe.
3. Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain.
4. Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States.
5. The fact is the statements are perfectly consistent, but more importantly, I don’t have all the facts
6. It’s going to be a great country when they finish unpacking it.
7. As far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t want to go to any other country. It’s good enough here.
8. Under this flag may our youth find new inspiration for loyalty to Canada; for a patriotism based not on any mean or narrow nationalism, but on the deep and equal pride that all Canadians
9. I am so excited about Canadians ruling the world.
10. Down in Newfoundland, we can hardly sleep for wondering when St. Pierre and Miquelon are going to invade.
11. The fact is the statements are perfectly consistent, but more importantly, I don’t have all the facts.
12. It is wonderful to feel the grandness of Canada in the raw, not because she is Canada but because she’s something sublime that you were born into, some great rugged power that you are a part of.
13. God Bless America, but God help Canada to put up with them!
14. Make our nation one of the top places of the world so that every country start celebrating Canada day on July 1.
15. I am not a Canadian guy. But I remember each July 1 after I went back from Canada to England.
16. We have it all. We have a great diversity of people; we have a wonderful land.
17. Canada has always been there to help people who need it.
18. There are no limits to the majestic future which lies before the mighty expanse of Canada with its virile, aspiring, cultured, and generous-hearted people.
19. Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party.
20. I don’t even know what street Canada is on.
21. “Give your head a shake. This is the greatest country in the world.” » Curtis Sanderson
22. “A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe.”
23. “I am so excited about Canadians ruling the world.” » (Prime Minister) John Diefenbaker.
24. “Down in Newfoundland, we can hardly sleep for wondering when St. Pierre and Miquelon are going to invade.” » John Crosbie
25. “It’s never felt more Canadian be Canadian than it does now.” » Douglas Coupland
26. “A constitution nursed upon the oxygen of our bright winter atmosphere makes its owner feel as though he could toss about the pine trees in his glee.” » Lord Dufferin Factslides.com
27. “Let us be French, let us be English, but most importantly let us be Canadian!”
28. “We’ll explain the appeal of curling to you if you explain the appeal of the National Rifle Association to us.” » Andy Barrie
29. “Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party. Like: “Keep it down, eh?” » Robin Williams
30. “You look at the history – the aboriginal people welcomed the first settlers here with open arms, fed us and took care of us … that continues today, we welcome people from all nations to come in and share.” » Peter Stoffer
31. “Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States.” » J. Bartlet Brebner
32. “The fact is the statements are perfectly consistent, but more importantly, I don’t have all the facts.”
33. “It’s going to be a great country when they finish unpacking it.” » Andrew H. Malcom
34. “As far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t want to go to any other country. It’s good enough here.” » Orviel Kruse
35. “Under this flag may our youth find new inspiration for loyalty to Canada; for a patriotism based not on any mean or narrow nationalism, but on the deep and equal pride that all Canadians will feel for every part of this good land.” » Lester Pearson
36. “It is wonderful to feel the grandness of Canada in the raw, not because she is Canada but because she’s something sublime that you were born into, some great rugged power that you are a part of.”
37. “Canada is like an old cow. The West feeds it. Ontario and Quebec milk it. And you can well imagine what it’s doing in the Maritimes.” » Tommy Douglas
38. “I wouldn’t let someone take my Canadian citizenship from me for anything.” » Jim Kale
39. “I’m not going to play politics on the floor of the House of Commons.” » Prime Minister John Turner
40. “I always thought of this as God’s country.” » Jack Granatstein
41. “Hysterically funny, amazingly talented people. That’s what I think of when I think of Canada. That, and cold beer. And the mountains.”
42. “We are tremendously proud of our cultures, heritage, and achievements and we will continue to break new ground. I am proud to be a Canadian and I hope you are too.” » Philip K. Lee Readersdigest.ca
43. “You Canadians have given us such hope to carry on. We admire your bravery You are the neighbor of such a rich, powerful country, and yet you don’t mind clashing with them. Well, that gives us more confidence.” » Pedro Gutierrez
44. “Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.” » C.D. Howe
45. “Canadian nationalism is a subtle, easily misunderstood but powerful reality, expressed in a way that is not too state directed – something like a beer commercial or the death of a significant Canadian figure.”
46. “I just think you Westerners should take over this country if you are so smart.” » Pierre Trudeau
47. “There are few, if any, Canadian men that have never spelled their name in a snowbank.” » Douglas Coupland
“I read and learned and fretted more about Canada after I left than I ever did while I was home. I absorbed anything I could on topics that ranged from Folklore to history to political manifestos… I ranted and raved and seethed about things beyond my control. In short, I acted like a Canadian.” » Will Ferguson
49. “Canada is the greatest nation in this country.” » Allan Lamport
50. “Canada is an interesting place; the rest of the world thinks so, even if Canadians don’t.”
51. Canada is the greatest nation in this country.
Former Toronto Mayor Allan Lamport
52. Your majesty, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and Madame Houde thanks you from her bottom too.
Montreal Mayor Camillien Houde, in 1939 to King George VI
53. I’m not an American! I am a Canadian. I come from a “nice,” thoroughly unrealistic country.
54. The beaver, which has come to represent Canada as the eagle does the United States and the lion Britain, is a flat-tailed, slow-witted, toothy rodent known to bite off its own testicles or to stand under its own falling trees.
55. Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain.
56. A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe.
57. Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States.
58. Canada has never been a melting-pot; more like a tossed salad.
59. Canada is a country so square that even the female impersonators are women.
60. Canada is a place of infinite promise. We like the people, and if one ever had to emigrate, this would be the destination, not the U.S.A. The hills, lakes, and forests make it a place of peace and repose of the mind, such as one never finds in the U.S.A.
61. When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. – Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone
62. …with love, we are creative. With it, we march tirelessly. With it, and with it alone, we are able to sacrifice for others. — Chief Dan George, First Nations Chief
63. I believe that never was a country better adapted to produce a great race of women than this Canada of ours, nor a race of women better adapted a great country. – Emily Murphy, the first female magistrate in Canada and the British Empire
64. I think that one’s art is a growth inside one. I do not think one can explain growth. It is silent and subtle. One does not keep digging up a plant to see how it grows. — Emily Carr, artist
65. A man, as a general rule, owes very little to what he is born with – a man is what he makes of himself. – Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone
66. “You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” Wayne Gretsky, hockey player
67. “Unconsciously, Canadians feel that any people can live where the climate is gentle. It takes special people to prosper where nature makes it so hard.” Robert MacNeil, journalist.
68.b“No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit.” — Sir Frederick G. Banting, the scientist who discovered insulin.
69. “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” — L.M. Montgomery, writer
70. “Early success is a terrible teacher. You’re essentially being rewarded for a lack of preparation, so when you find yourself in a situation where you must prepare, you can’t do it. You don’t know how.”
71. “I shake my husband’s hand and knock on wood with him every night, before every show. Even after he’s gone, I still talk to him.” – Celine Dion, singer
72. “Legitimately, the meanest thing you can do to a person is to land a plane and then not let them off it.” – Debra DiGiovanni, comic
73. “One thing I’ve learned is that sometimes we don’t realize how strong we actually are.” – Malin Ackerman, actress
74. “We seem to be so hard set in what we call our principles, which are not so much our principles but our prejudices. Let’s try to get beyond that.” – Alex Trebek, television host (Don’t miss these
75. “Just received a text that started with ‘Good afternoon, Mr. Buff…’ and I gotta say… I did not hate it.” – Brent Butt, actor and comic
76. “We can’t dream our way out of oppression.” – David Chariandy, writer
77. “Running is a great way to multi-task. You can get in a workout, but you can also help clear your mind.”
78. “If you’re going to get out there and not be prepared to fail, you’re missing out in life. Failure is half the fun.” – Jann Arden, singer-songwriter
79. “Exploration is not something you retire from. It is part of one’s life ethic.” – Roberta Bondar, astronaut and neurologist
80. “Really, the best way to celebrate 25 years of being in a band is to start another year of being in a band.”
81. We build this country ourselves every day and we have to be, in the most positive sense, totally unreal. — J.C. Villamere
82. Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law. — Stockwell Day
83. I have great, fond memories of Canada. I feel that one day my bones will more than likely end up there. — Aden Young
84. Keystone will deliver 830,000 barrels of oil per day from Canada, North Dakota, and Montana to Gulf Coast refineries. — Kevin McCarthy
85. We demand that the government of Canada force Stockwell Day to change his first name to Doris. Why do this, you may ask? Because it’ll be fun. — Rick Mercer
86. Keystone would allow us to transport 700,000 barrels of oil a day from our northern neighbor Canada to refineries in the United States. — John Barrasso
87. It’s Canada Day.” “So?” “So, I’m in Canada.” “Why?” “Because it’s Canada Day! Come on, Garrett!” Zane — Abigail Roux
88. For some decades now, it seems, there has been a ukase in place in American journalism to the effect that Canada is entitled to one story per season. — Stockwell Day
89. An extended school day gives administrators the ability to ensure children get a well-rounded education. — Geoffrey Canada
90. Every Day is Canada Day for new Canadians — Maureen Haddock
91. “If I had the choice—which I do not—I would choose better political conditions and literary obscurity.” – Margaret Atwood, writer
92. “We limit what we set out to do by what we convince ourselves is realistic. But I believe in possibilities, and sometimes we have to redefine what is realistic.”
93. “I’m sorry I live in the greatest country in the world. I’m sorry! I’m sorry, but Canadians apologize so much because we know we’re the greatest. Sorry!”
94. “Don’t worry, folks. As long as the sun is revolving around the earth, we’ll be fine!” – Jim Carrey, actor
95. “Getting pregnant is the only celebratory life event you can’t immediately celebrate.” – Jessi Cruickshank, television host
96. “The wonderful thing about this country is that we don’t shy away from debate and discussion.” – David Johnston, former Governor General of Canada
97. “Science is one of the few institutions remaining that seeks the truth.” – Bob McDonald, journalist
98. “I know less now that I ever did about how life is supposed to go. It’s relaxing.” – Leslie Feist, singer-songwriter
99. “It takes me as long to find the right file for an email attachment as it used to write letter longhand and send it through Canada Post.” – Steve Patterson, comic and radio host
100. “I’m really just a lucky old farm boy… All I ever wanted to do was stick around for a while, but as time went by, I decided I’d play 20 years.”
Canada Day Quotes in English 2019