Lent Quotes: Here We Will Provide You With Quotes, SMS, Wishes, Greetings With Some Best And Great Collection Of Powerful Lent Quotes Which You Can Easily Share With Your Friends And Family.
1. During Lent, let us find concrete ways to overcome our indifference.
2. Fasting cleanses the soul, raises the mind, subjects one’s flesh to the spirit, renders the heart contrite and humble, scatters the clouds of concupiscence, quenches the fire of lust, kindles the true light of chastity.
3. Are you capable of risking your life for someone? Do it for Christ.
4. Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
5. O Lord, make this Lenten season different from the other ones. Let me find you again. Amen.
6. You could say that prayer without fasting is like boxing with one hand tied behind your back and that fasting without prayer is, well, dieting.
7. Lent comes providentially to reawaken us, to shake us from our lethargy.
8. Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
9. The proof of love is in the works. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist.
10. When you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.
11. Some people think that having ash on your forehead is ridiculous. But I am neither ashamed nor afraid because the ashes remind me that I have to someday pass away and reunite with my creator.
12. The most important thing a born-again Christian can do is to pray.
13. Liberty is not the power of doing what we like, but the right to do what we ought.
14. They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
15. Better to die to fight for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.
16. Lent comes providentially to reawaken us, to shake us from our lethargy.\
17. Fasting and almsgiving are the two wings of prayer’ which enable it to gain momentum and more easily reach even to God.
18. Prayer is where the action is.
19. The proof of love is in the works. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist.
20. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.
21. I kinda don’t do guilt. I gave it up for lent years ago.
22. Tough times have always lent themselves to nativist sentiments and closed door policies. But in the case of highly skilled immigrants, these policies are a recipe for stagnation.
23. Those have a short lent who owe money to be paid at Easter.
24. Every possession and every happiness is but lent by chance for an uncertain time, and may therefore be demanded back the next hour.
25. I have lost my seven best friends, which is to say god has had mercy on me seven times without realizing it. He lent a friendship, took it from me, sent me another.
26. I cap myself when I shop, I don’t like to spend extravagant amounts on clothes. But, I do get lent clothes for events, it’s scary to wear something so expensive, but I feel really pampered.
27. At one time I smoked, but in 1959 I couldn’t think of anything else to give up for lent so I stopped, and I haven’t had a cigarette since.
28. I liked the name frog brigade because it lent itself to a lot of cool imagery with the whole frog thing.
29. Heaven lent you a soul, Earth will lend a grave.
30. People used to say, Andy Serkis lent his movements to Gollum, and now they say, Andy Serkis played Caesar. That’s a significant leap.
31. Jazz has borrowed from other genres of music and also has lent itself to other genres of music.
32. My father was horrified by my movies, yet he lent me the money to make the early ones. And I paid him back with interest.
33. Hamilton was young, dashing, and romantic. He lent himself perfectly to be the star of a musical.
34. No one has taken my heart in their hand. I haven’t given it, I have lent myself, rented myself out, but never given myself.
35. I get so bummed when I have to return the clothes I’m lent. It’s easy to feel so special, but like Cinderella, you lose your shoes.
36. I get a little behind during lent, but it comes out even at Christmas.
37. There’s something about it that makes sense, lent. You give something up, and everything’s more joyful.
39. Lent comes providentially to reawaken us, to shake us from our lethargy.
40. A little bit of mercy makes the world less cold and more just.
41. Wretched are those who are vindictive and spiteful.
42. We must always walk in the presence of the lord, in the light of the lord, always trying to live in an irreprehensible way.
43. We all have the duty to do good.
44. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist.
45. Are you capable of risking your life for someone? Do it for Christ.
46. The most important thing a born again Christian can do is to pray.
47. The proof of love is in the works. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist.
48. Nothing, how little so ever it be, if it is suffered for god’s sake, can pass without merit in the sight of god.
49. Renounce yourself in order to follow Christ, discipline your body, do not pamper yourself, but love fasting.
50. Whoever wishes to be my follower must deny his very self, take up his cross each day, and follow in my steps.
51. One should never initiate anything that he cannot saturate with prayer.
52. Prayer does not change the purpose of god. But prayer does change the action of god.
53. Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons, but they are helpless against our prayers.
54. You can do more than pray after you have prayed, but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed.
55. As you mourn for your sins and weaknesses this ash wednesday through fasting, mourning and weeping, may you be truly transformed from your heart.
56. God shapes the world by prayer. The more prayer there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces of against evil.
57. Satan does not care how many people read about prayer if only he can keep them from praying.
58. The greatest thing anyone can do for god or man is pray.
59. Fasting confirms our utter dependence upon god by finding in him a source of sustenance beyond food.
60. All throughout my life I have been living recklessly. I have sinned a lot and done things that I know I should not have done. Now I will return back to god and change myself.
61. God does nothing except in response to believing prayer.
62. Prayer strikes the winning blow, service is simply picking up the pieces.
63. The lord measures out perfection neither by the multitude nor the magnitude of our deeds, but by the manner in which we perform them.
64. Nothing, how little so ever it be, if it is suffered for god’s sake, can pass without merit in the sight of god.
65. You cannot be proud and expect to be transformed away from your sins. You need to humble yourself and have a spirit of repentance within you. Then you will see real change.
66. We all came from dust and to dust we shall return. Even the greatest and the richest people of this generation will be soon forgotten.
67. God is not interested in your art but, your heart.
68. A guilty suffering spirit is more open to grace than an apathetic or smug soul.
69. There is something not right with us, with our society, with the church and we need to change, to turn, to convert!
70. There is only one real kind of poverty, not living as children of god and brothers and sisters of Christ.
71. Lent is a fitting time for self denial, we would do well to ask ourselves what we can give up in order to help and enrich others by our own poverty.