Commonwealth games 2023 – The purpose of the Commonwealth Games, a member-based organisation that is not funded by the government, is to manage, oversee, and plan the participation of sporting events, participants, and Commonwealth Games officials.
Commonwealth games 2023 and India’s Participation Know all about
The XXII Commonwealth Games, often known as Birmingham 2023, are the official name of the. This year’s Commonwealth Games, an international multisport competition for Commonwealth participants, will take place in Birmingham, England from July 28 to August 8.
The announcement of Birmingham as the host city was made on December 21. This will be England’s third time hosting the Commonwealth Games.
Latest News and Updates
- The Indian team for Commonwealth Games consists of 322 members which include 72 team officials, 26 extra officials, nine contingent staff, and three general managers.
- The commonwealth games will begin on 28th July 2023 in Birmingham. Neeraj Chopra will lead the Athletics team this year.
- The hockey team of India will be led by Manpreet Singh.
- One of the most iconic highlights of is this year that Women’s Cricket is included in Commonwealth Games.
- The Sports Minister of India Kiren Rijiju writes to the MP of the UK to include shooting in the Commonwealth games 2023.
The 37-member Indian athlete teams for the next will be announced by the Athlete Federation of India on Thursday and will be headed by Olympic champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra.
Out of the 37 athletes in the Indian squad, 18 are female. This also includes the selection of female competitors like Hima Das and Dutee Chand for the 4400m women’s relay squad. Avinash Sable was a member of the group that for the seventh time broke the 3000m Steeplechase national record.
It’s also expected that Jyoti Yarraji, who twice shattered her personal 100-meter hurdles record, will be in the squad. Aishwarya Babu, among other athletes, broke her triple jump record in the National Inter-state Championship in Chennai.
Purchase Prime Test Series for all examinations in banking, insurance, and SSC.
Seema Punia’s inclusion in the Commonwealth Games would depend on how well she does in the USA, according to AFI president Adille Sumariwalla.
In light of her successful performances at the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games, he said, the AFI has granted her permission to train and compete in the USA. The National inter-state Senior Championship, which was contested from June 10 to June 14, served as a qualifying event for the Commonwealth Games, which Seema Punia has retained.
“We are asking the Indian Olympic Association to boost our quota by one and to help get accreditation for a few athletes,” the AFI president said. Additionally, we have chosen a few participants to demonstrate their form and fitness prior to the Games.
To be chosen for the shot putter Tajinderpal Singh Toor must compete well in Kazakhstan.
To qualify for the team hammer throwers Navjeet Kaur Dhillon, Seema Punia, and Sarita Singh must compete well in Kazakhstan or California.
Tejaswin Shankar, the national champion in the high jump with a best leap of 2.27 metres at the NCAA outdoor track and field championships in the US in 2023, was not chosen for the Commonwealth Games because he did not compete in the national inter-state competition and did not request an exemption from the AFI.
- Avinash Sable (3000m Steeplechase)
- Nitender Rawat (Marathon)
- M Sreeshankar and Muhammed Anees Yahiya (Long Jump)
- Abdulla Aboobacker, Praveen Chithravel, and Eldhose Paul (Triple Jump)
- Tajinderpal Singh Toor (Shot Put)
- Neeraj Chopra, DP Manu, and Rohit Yadav (Javelin Throw)
- Sandeep Kumar and Amit Khatri (Race Walking)
- Amoj Jacob, Noah Nirmal Tom, Arokia Rajiv, Muhammed Ajmal, Naganathan Pandi, and Rajesh Ramesh (4x400m Relay).
- S Dhanalakshmi (100m and 4x100m relay)
- Jyothi Yarraji (100mHurdles)
- Aishwarya B (Long Jump and Triple Jump) and Ancy Sojan (Long Jump)
- Manpreet Kaur (Shot Put); Navjeet Kaur Dhillon and Seema Antil Punia (Discus Throw)
- Annu Rani and Shilpa Rani (Javelin Throw)
- Manju Bala Singh and Sarita Romit Singh (Hammer Throw)
- Bhawna Jat and Priyanka Goswami (Race Walking)
- Hima Das, Dutee Chand, Srabani Nanda, MV Jilna, and NS Simi (4x100m relay).
List of Countries in which took Place
FAQs related to
1. When are the commonwealth games 2023 in Birmingham?
Ans. The in Birmingham will start from 28 July to 8 August 2023, in England, UK.
2. What is the motto of the
Ans. ‘Sports for All’ is the motto of the
3. What is new for women at the
Ans. This year in 2023, the commonwealth games have included more medal events for women than men for the first time.
Related Tags: Commonwealth games 2023